The excavation safety training course will focus on the health and safety requirements relevant to excavations that will help keep your workforce safe.
Excavations are deemed one of the most hazardous areas of a site, not just because of the presence of heavy machinery but also as a result of risks such as cave-ins to anyone working in the excavation itself.
As a result, safe support and safe working methods during excavations are essential on any site. The excavation safety training course will focus on the health and safety requirements relevant to excavations that will help keep your workforce safe. The training is aimed at anyone required to work in or around excavations, including managers and supervisors, and will give learners the ability to recognise hazards associated with excavation, and the precautionary measures and equipment that will ensure their safety whilst in the excavation and throughout the process.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regs. 1999
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regs.
- Soil Characteristics
- Types of Trench Support
- Access/Egress/Maintenance of Excavations
- Stop Blocks
- Confined spaces
- Safety of Excavation In-fill
- Inspection and Examination
- Selection of Plant Equipment
- Excavators Used as Cranes
One Day Course
Bon Accord Training
Register your interest