NRSWA 2 Day Refresher
The NRSWA refresher training course aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor or operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSW Act 1991
The NRSWA training course content includes:
• Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
• Signing, lighting and guarding.
• Excavation in the highway.
• Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
• Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials.
• Reinstatement of bituminous materials.
• Reinstatement of concrete slabs.
The NRSWA refresher training course aims to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform Supervisor or operative duties to the standards prescribed by SQA in-line with the NRSW Act 1991, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
The NRSW refresher course is designed to assess and re qualify experienced persons to prevent their NRSW cards expiring.
By the end of the NRSWA course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act.
• Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
• Supervisors will be able to monitor duties performed by Operatives for each unit and/or qualification Standards in-line with current legislation, and ACOP where applicable.
• Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
The NRSW course is highly interactive with a high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate practical exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the NRSW course in preparation for the written examinations, one exam for each unit.
Supervisors have to demonstrate the ability to monitor a site and compile written reports in order to successfully complete the course.
Issue of the related NRSW card (valid 5 years) will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the NRSW assessments.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Only those with experience should attend, this is an assessment or test.
This is a re assessment and is designed for existing NRSW cardholder to renew their qualification.
Two Day Course
Sibbald Training Limited
Approved Training Provider
Register your interest
NRSWA 2 Day Refresher